Energy Efficiency, Customer Choice and Emerging Customer Programs Management
- Assures that all Public Utility Commission (PUC) requirements and Orders relevant to the energy efficiency program are fulfilled; timely prepares and files PUC required reports; serves as a liaison between the department and external stakeholders with respect to energy efficiency filings and reporting. Investigates new energy efficiency concepts, including those connected with other company departments such as Marketing, for possible integration into the program.
- Analyzes PUC Orders and filings regarding the energy efficiency program to determine the potential impact on PGW and makes recommendations on how to mitigate the impact or maximize the benefits thereof. Organizes the preparation and filing of new or amended energy efficiency programs with the PUC, and integrates approved changes into the program.
- Participates in the implementation of the consolidated billing and purchase of receivables Choice programs and internal expansion of firm customer Choice program into the residential market. Establishes and provides oversight of the Choice customer affairs group which handled all firm and interruptible customer shopping activity with respect to customer affairs, with a particular focus on supplier relations, enrollment issues, opt-out procedures, timely resolution of errors, education of customers, training, and regulated dispute/complaint handling in compliance with PUC time requirements. Undertakes integration of interruptible transportation choice program into the Choice customer affairs group.
- Analyzes PUC regulations and Orders to ensure that the Choice program complies with PUC requirements and utilizes these requirements in a way that best benefits PGW.
- Timely prepares and files PUC required reports and provides assistance with regulatory inquiries regarding programs. Serves as the contact to assist external departments with resolution of customer disputes and PUC complaints, including serving as a witness in cases when needed.
- Manages vendor relations and plans and executes customer program communication campaigns.
- Conducts ongoing best practice research to ensure awareness and inclusion of the most recent and effective energy-efficiency and customer choice program practices and engages in continuous improvement of all customer programs.
- Manages all aspects of emerging customer program implementation, including communication with stakeholder groups.
- Supervises managers as well as other professional and non-exempt employees responsible for the day-to-day operational planning and tasks; assesses subordinate needs, monitors performance, sets goals, evaluates and disciplines as necessary ensuring subordinates are well equipped to meet and/or exceed job expectations.
- Ensures subordinate managers are properly trained and adhere to company policies, practices and procedures including collective bargaining agreement as needed; oversees decisions made on disciplinary matters, employee grievances, and other problems with employees, supervisor, and (when applicable), union representatives.
Finance & Accounting
- Conducts contract negotiations and supports vendor budget allocation changes.
- Prepares monthly and annual capital and operating budgets; liaisons with accounting to expedite the preparation of monthly and year-end financial statement and reports; allocates project budgets consistent with PGW’s strategic and operating plans.
- Develops justification for all capital projects and for all monthly variances for the operating budget; manages operating and capital budget expense reporting for the assigned unit.
Other Related Functions
- Investigates federal, state and local regulations and laws that may impact energy efficiency, customer choice and other customer programs.
- Represent PGW at external events with regulatory, legislative, stakeholder and other groups.
Performs other special projects and assignments as directed.